Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I was listening to a radio program a couple of weeks ago and I heard the person being interviewed comment that whenever we feel led to do something for someone, we should just do it. Too often we see someone struggling with the realities of life and offer the words, "If there's anything I can do for you, please call me." Let's be honest. How many of us ever take another person up on that? Usually we rationalize that other people have so much going on, too, so how dare I ask anyone for help for fear of being an extra burden on them.

That being said, Nathan and I planned to make dinner for a family of 7 on Monday night. It sounded easy enough. As is customary with me, however, I often think I know things I do not -- like that I have lasagna noodles in the cupboard. Wouldn't have been a problem except I discovered it about 10 minutes after I laid Carleigh down for a nap. What resulted was another shared experience with Nathan as we worked together to make the noodles ourselves thanks to the Kitchen Aid pasta maker attachment my Mother-in-law bought me a couple of years ago. It took longer than I originally planned to make lasagna, but all was well until Carleigh woke up early from her nap. Within 5 minutes of getting her out of her crib, it became apparent that she had the same virus Nathan had a week ago. Not pretty and a lot challenging when figuring out the logistics of delivering a dinner when David was at work.

As it worked out, David and Nathan delivered the dinner. I think Nathan was especially proud that he helped, excited to see a friend's house, and thrilled to be out with just his Daddy for a little while. I hope the lasagna was good and that the recipients know they are loved and appreciated by our family.

1 comment:

  1. Just read the beginning couple of posts on your blog. I love how you write what you feel. My blog is oldrnbigheart.blogspot.com. You can also reach my daughters Jamie Reese and Sandy Snyder from my blog. I loss this January has made us different people. My remaining grandchilden are a delight. The twins, Peyton and Paige are 11 and 1/2. The little one is Reese Madelynn Snyder and she is 21 months old. Sandy was first married and alas, my ex- son in law cheated and left his family when the twins were 6 years old. A divorce is like a death. But, Sandy found a great guy, James, who is a cop here in Danville. He loves ALL 3 girls as if they all belonged to him, what a blessing. Long distance friends can be fun. I hope that is what we can be. phone is 217-474-9185 (cell). Any prayer concerns of blessings feel free to share. BTW, I am 66 years old, short, round, and gray headed!!

    ReplyDelete